The Town of Brownsburg invites residents and local professionals to apply for the 2024 Leadership Brownsburg Academy. This program is a free 8-session seminar designed for residents ready to take the next step in being community leaders and improving the quality of life in Brownsburg. The program will allow participants to grow in their leadership, analyze issues using data, connect with decision-makers and other Brownsburg leaders, and make a difference in our community.
The Academy will be held monthly from February through September from 2-4 p.m. Sessions will cover municipal government structure, Town budget, community safety, economic development, community planning, capital improvement projects, parks & recreation, and public works services. In addition, participants will tour Town facilities and get a behind-the-scenes look at operational processes. View the full schedule:
- Tuesday, February 13 (2-4 p.m.) – Introduction to the Town of Brownsburg/Government 101
- Tuesday, March 12 (2-4 p.m.) – Development Services
- Tuesday, April 9 (2-4 p.m.) – Economic Development
- Tuesday, May 7 (2-4 p.m.) – Parks
- Tuesday, June 11 (2-4 p.m.) – Water & Wastewater
- Tuesday, July 9 (2-4 p.m.) – Street & Fleet
- Tuesday, August 6 (2-4 p.m.) – Public Safety
- Tuesday, September 10 (2-4 p.m.) – Leadership Development
- Thursday, October 12 (7 p.m.) – Graduation at Town Council meeting
Leadership Brownsburg Academy was created to equip residents with the tools and information necessary to be strong, community-focused civic leaders.
If you are a Brownsburg resident 18 years or older interested in participating, please submit an application for consideration online by Friday, January 12, at. Applicants will be notified of their acceptance into the program by Friday, January 19.