The Christmas Under the Stars parade is an annual tradition for Brownsburg residents and celebrates the holiday season. Businesses and organizations are invited to have a float in the parade. Each year, hundreds gather to watch lighted floats parade through Town. After the parade, residents travel to Town Hall Green for additional holiday festivities including:
- Pictures with Santa
- Choir Performances
- Tree Lighting
- Winter Market in Eaton Hall
- Santa's Workshop (kids activities) hosted by the Brownsburg Public Library
- Coffee and Hot Cocoa
What is the date, time, and route for the 2022 Christmas Under the Stars?
The parade is on Saturday, December 3. It starts at 6 PM. Float staging begins at 4 PM at Brown Elementary School.
Parade Route: Begins at Brown Elementary School. North on Eastern Ave. to Main St., West on Main St. to S. Green St., north on S. Green St. to Enderly Ave.
Float Application and Rules for Participation:
Float applications are available online through November 26.
- Do not throw candy or goodies from a moving vehicle. The candy does not make it far enough, and children dart into the street.
- All walkers must wear a glow stick or light to walk in the parade. Although the parade route is lit by street lights, it still can be dark. Please keep yourself and others safe by lighting walkers in the parade.
- One Santa only! To preserve the magic of the season, only one Santa and Mrs. Clause are in the parade. Santa's float is the last and grandest float in our parade. All other Santas will be asked to exit the parade staging area.
- The driver's meeting is mandatory. Please make sure a member of your organization attends the driver's meeting. Failure to do so will result in your organization's removal from the parade. The driver's meeting is on December 1 at 6 PM. Location will be sent out to parade participants prior to the meeting.