Christmas Under The Stars
Celebrate the magic of the season with several fun activities for the whole family!
- Saturday, December 3
Begins at 6 PM.
- Parade begins on Main St. at Eastern Ave. intersection.
- Travels to S. Green St., turns north on S. Green St. to parade end at Enderly Ave.
Interested businesses and organizations can register for a float in the parade online.
We take the safety of the parade participants and observers very seriously. Here are some general rules:
- Do not throw candy or goodies from a moving vehicle. The candy does not make it far enough, and children dart into the street.
- All walkers must wear a glow stick or light to walk in the parade. Although the parade route is lit by street lights, it still can be dark. Please keep yourself and others safe by lighting walkers in the parade.
- One Santa only! To preserve the magic of the season, only one Santa and Mrs. Clause are in the parade. Santa's float is the last and grandest float in our parade. All other Santas will be asked to exit the parade staging area.
- The driver's meeting is mandatory. Please make sure a member of your organization attends the driver's meeting. Failure to do so will result in your organization's removal from the parade. The driver's meeting is on December 1 at 6 PM. Location will be sent out to parade participants prior to the meeting.
Head to Brownsburg Town Hall (61 N. Green St.) 30 minutes after the parade for the tree lighting, live music, Santa’s Workshop craft activities with the Brownsburg Public Library, photos with Santa, and to shop our Winter Market with over 20 vendors!
Shop at the Winter Market with over 20 vendors on Town Hall Green beginning at 5 PM.
Begins 30 minutes after parade end at Town Hall Green. Jr. Grand Marshal will light the tree.
Christmas carols by Liv Young Sings immediately after tree lighting.
Photos with Santa
Get your picture with Santa after the tree lighting! Santa will be in the Town Hall lobby. Enter through Eaton Hall.
Let's Give Food Drive
Donate canned goods during Christmas Under the Stars and get a Brownsburg ornament while supplies last!
Business Holiday Decorating Contest
Register your business to participate in the 2022 Business Holiday Lights Contest and help us light up Brownsburg for our annual Christmas Under the Stars parade and spread holiday cheer!
Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
- Most Creative
- Most Decorated
- Retro/Classic Display
- Town Spirit
Prizes are sponsored by the Greater Brownsburg Chamber of Commerce.
Contest submissions must be submitted by Tuesday, November 29. Judging will take place on Thursday, December 1 and the winners will be announced during Christmas Under the Stars at Town Hall Green after the parade on December 3.
Contest only open to Brownsburg businesses. Registration available online.
Brownsburg Parks takes the safety and welfare of all participants and employees seriously. This policy is designed to give guidance to employees, parents, and registered participants in situations where an activity may need to be canceled. Employees may use their best judgment in certain situations and some determinations/cancellations may be made at a facility, program, or event.
Time Frame for Cancellations:
- Morning Activity: determined by 7:30 am
- Afternoon/Evening Activity: determined by 4 pm
- Special Events: determined three hours prior to start
All registered participants will receive an email from Brownsburg Parks within 15 minutes of the decision to cancel the activity. Cancellation information also will be posted on Brownsburg Parks Facebook and Twitter pages.
Severe Weather Policy
Programs, special events, and other activities may be canceled and facilities closed under the conditions outlined below:
- Extreme Cold Weather Conditions. Cold weather reported or forecasted to be 25 degrees or below OR any
- combination of wind and temperature that is 25 degrees or will warrant outdoor program cancellation.
- Icy Weather Conditions will lead to cancellations: When the National Weather Service has issued a travel warning; When road visibility is severely limited; and When partner facilities are not available due to closure. (Example - school closure ).
- Snow Fall Conditions/Blizzard will lead to cancellations: When the National Weather Service has issued a travel warning; When road visibility is severely limited; and When partner facilities are not available due to closure. (Example -school closure ).
- Extreme Heat Weather Conditions. When heat and humidity are such that participants engaged in vigorous activities for prolonged periods could become over-heated and continued activity becomes dangerous programs may be cancelled.
Follow the guidelines below for specific weather conditions.
- Heat Index. When the heat index (combination of temperature and relative humidity) reaches 105 or greater.
Brownsburg Parks routinely takes photos and videos of participants for promotional purposes. Be aware that by participating, you are granting the department the right to use and publish your image or your minor child’s image.